L.E.A.D. Chester County
L.E.A.D. Chester County-
Leading through Education, Action, & Dedication!
L.E.A.D. Chester County is an eight-month course for ANYONE who wants to improve his/her leadership skills while learning more about the workings of Chester County (government, education, business & industry, healthcare, history, agriculture, tourism, etc.).
LEAD Chester County will kick-off in September and run through May 2023. We will meet the third Wednesday of each month, excluding December, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Transportation will be provided for field trips & tours.
- Seven three-hour leadership classes taught by York Technical College (from 9 a.m. until noon). CLICK HERE to learn more about Foundations of Leadership.
- Field trips and special guest presentations to learn more about what makes Chester County special (noon until 4 p.m.)
- Networking and relationship building, especially between participants
- Class limited to 15 slots. Applications will be accepted and be reviewed by the Chamber LEAD Chester County committee.
- Kick-off event on September 7th from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., includes team building led by Dr. Michelle Evans of KVLT & a cookout
- Participants must agree to attend all events!
- Cost: $750 for members and $850 for non-members. This cost includes the seven York Technical College Classes, meals, and most transportation to afternoon field trips.
DATES-(All class sessions run 9 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.):
*Locations and field trips are being finalized!
September 7th-Cookout kickoff, Cotton Hills Farm, Lowrys (time is 10 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.)
September 21st – Intro. to Supervision
Class will meet at Spratt Savings Bank. Field trips to Chester County Career Center and York Technical College Chester Center.
October 19th – Communicating for Results
Class will meet at Fort Lawn Community Center and will include a presentation on the new Gallo Wine facility and a field trip to the CMD filter plant and nearby Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation classroom.
*November 30th – The Power of Accountability (note date is 4th week due to Thanksgiving)
Classes will be held at Chester County Natural Gas Authority with a field trip to the Lando Manetta Mills History Center and Chester County Historical Society Museum.
January 18th – Motivating to Excel
Classes will meet at the Carlisle Roddey Building with a tour of government/sheriff's facilities.
February 22nd – Coaching for High Performance
TBA. Healthcare in the County
March 22nd – Leading Work Teams
TBA. Economic Development/Industry/Business
April 19th – Resolving Conflicts
Classes will be held at the Great Falls War Memorial Building. A short hike and an optional kayaking trip will be our fun field trip finale.
May 17th-Graduation and Cookout Celebration
All aboard as LEAD Chester County takes us through our beautiful county, exploring our rich history and exciting future to see what makes us special!