Unplug & Unwind
Chester County, South Carolina has a little of everything when it comes to tourism. Whether you enjoy outdoor activities, visiting historic sites, or shopping in boutiques or for antiques, odds are you will find Chester County the perfect place to unplug and unwind.
Chester is the county seat of Chester County, South Carolina. Other towns include Great Falls, Fort Lawn, Lowrys, and Richburg.
FIND US! I-77 runs through Chester County. From Exit 62 in Richburg, we are only 42 miles to Charlotte Douglass International Airport and 53 miles south to the heart of our state capital, Columbia. Mountain towns lie about 100 miles north and the Atlantic Ocean is only about 175 miles southeast.
Enjoy a birds-eye view of the City of Chester from drone operator & photographer Tom Lassen.
Horseback Riding, Camping, Hiking, Fishing
- Woods Ferry in Sumter National Forest
- Chester State Park
- Landsford Canal State Park
- Carolina Thread Trail
- Duke Energy Lakes & Rec Info
- Nitrolee Access Area in Great Falls is located at 529 Catawba River Road, Great Falls, SC. Please check flow dates on the Duke Energy website.
- Whitewater in Great Falls is for experienced kayakers. You need to know how to roll a kayak to handle the rapids!
- Kayak Rental and Guide Service - greatfallsadventures.com
Unique Shopping & Dining
A sincere thank you the Chamber's photographer members-Tracey Smith Photography, Kent Vines Photography, & Rae J. Photography & Production, and the Rock Hill Drone Guy, as well as Attorney Bill Marion with Gaston, Marion & Stubbs, PA and Kevin Conn for sharing their talents and love of beautiful Chester County. Seeing Chester County through their lenses gives visitors a glimpse at the special people who call this place home.